Rick joined ActionCOACH of Elm Grove in 2013 after enjoying a highly successful business career, including Senior Executive roles with Fortune 500 companies such as Compaq/Hewlett Packard and Foxconn. Rick has also been an entrepreneur, serving as Founder and Owner/President of a highly-successful Hunting, Camping, and Tailgating Products company in Houston, TX.
- Rick was COO of Dedicated Computing, a Milwaukee-based company that designs and manufactures computing solutions for Military, Medical, Security, and Oil Exploration. Rick was responsible for all Operations functions, including Design/Sustaining Engineering, Manufacturing, Sourcing/Procurement, Quality, Logistics, Customer Service, and Program Management
- Rick functioned as VP and Chief of Staff for North American Manufacturing for China-based Foxconn Manufacturing (a $60B+ global contract manufacturing company), managing a business unit representing revenue in excess of $2.5B.
- Rick was International Director/Head of Americas Operations for Elcotec (a $5B global contract manufacturing business from Finland), with multi-site, manufacturing and P&L responsibility.
- As an Entrepreneur, Rick founded Texan Tailgaters, Inc., a highly-successful independent business which was recognized in national TV and Print Media, including articles in the Wall Street Journal, American Express Travel Magazine, and numerous Houston and surrounding area newspapers. Television media exposure included joint primetime TV programs with the Houston Texans, as well as other local television appearances. While at Texan Tailgaters, Rick designed and applied for a patent on a Tailgating BBQ grill that was selected as the Grand Prize for “The Price is Right” game show.
Rick has broad experience in Team and Organizational Development, including the creation of Organizational Charters, Vision, Goal-Setting, and Functional Role definition, development, and implementation.
Rick resides in the Lake Country area, where he is actively involved and supportive of numerous Church and Civic organizations, including:
- Oconomowoc Lakewalk for Cancer, where he has chartered and led the top-fundraising teams for 2010, 2011, and again in 2012.
- Community Outreach programs, where he participated with Riverglen Christian Church in helping provide assistance for the elderly, homeless, and those in need of support while dealing with sickness. These programs involved working locally with the Ronald McDonald House, the Bread of Life Ministry, the Waukesha Food Pantry, and Milwaukee Rescue Mission, as well as internationally through a mission trip to Nairobi, Africa.
As for his personal life, Rick is happily married to his wife Dianne, and between them they have 8 children (including 6 GIRLS!) and 9 grandchildren. He was originally born in Kentucky and is an avid Wildcat fan, and he spent nearly 20 years in the Houston area before moving to Wisconsin in 2008. In his spare time, he enjoys sporting events, golf, sports cars, cooking, boating, and traveling with his wife and family.